Colorado Springs Senior Center 1514 N. Hancock – 719-955-3400
Please stop by or go online to find the full listing of classes, trips and special events at www.csseniorcenter.com. All classes require registration.
719-600-2644 – Senior Center
719-600-2643 – Transportation
Single – $20 per year
Couple – $30 per year
EVERYDAY (MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY)
- Daily Drop In – Time for breakfast, socialization, lunch, activities, events and entertainment- 8am- 4pm
- 8:30–11 a.m. Breakfast Corner Free Coffee & Tea – Donuts 50¢
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – Kittie Paster Thrift Shoppe Open
- 11:45 a.m. – Nutritious Meals provided by the Connections Cafe Nutrition Program –
- Lunch is served daily at 11:30 a.m. Suggested donation $2.25
- 1-3:30 p.m. – Cards & Games – Pinochle, Dominoes, Hand & Foot – free.
- 9-10 a.m. – Zumba Gold
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. – Modern “Low Mobility” Interpretive Dance
- 1 p.m. – Pinochle Tournament (1st Monday of the Month)
- 2:30-3:30 p.m. – Yoga for Seniors
- 9:30 a.m. -noon and 12:30–3 p.m. – Porcelain Class
- 10:45 a.m. – Blood Pressure Check: Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday
- 1–2:30 p.m. – Line Dancing Class: 1–2:30 p.m., Cost: $2
- 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – AARP Driver Safety Class –
- 2nd Wednesday 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Cost: $15/$20
- 8:30–11:30 a.m. – Oil Painting: Cost: $25
- 4-week course, supplies not included
- 9:30- 11 a.m. – Quilting Class
- 9:30–11 a.m. – Tai Chi Class: Cost: $2
- 1 p.m. – Macular Degeneration Support Group: 2nd Wednesday of the month
- 1 p.m. – Movie: 2nd Wednesday
- 1:30-3:30 p.m. – Legal Assistance: 2nd Wednesday (Free) By Appointment Only
- 2:30-4 p.m. – Harmonizers Singing Group Practice – 2:30-4 p.m.
- 4:30 p.m. – Dinner on the Town: 4th Wednesday
- Woodcarving – 8 a.m. –noon, Cost: $2 per class
- 10-11:30 a.m. – Rubber Stamp class – Cost: $2 per class
- 11 a.m.-noon – Birthday Social – Fourth Thursday
- A Very Special Thank You goes to the Security Lions Club for providing Cake for this monthly event and various musicians for providing the entertainment
- 1 p.m. BINGO every Thursday.
- 12:30 Birthday Raffle 4th Thursday
- 2:30 Zumba Basics
- 9-10 a.m. – Yoga for Seniors:
- 10–11 a.m. – Chi Kung Class, Cost: $1 a class
- 10 a.m. – Basic Technology Class/Support Free*
- 10:30 a.m.-noon – Wii Games Free*
- 12:30-3:45 p.m. – Canasta Class Free*
- 12:30 p.m. – Line Dancing Cost: $2
- 12:30-2:30 p.m. – Happy Hour and Ice Cream Social – Every Third Friday
- Various musicians providing entertainment
- GAME DAY: 11 a.m.– 5 p.m. – 1st Saturday of Every Month. Potluck and $3 donation
- CRIPPLE CREEK: 8 a.m.– 4 p.m. (Currently 3rd Saturday of each month – Saturday may change)
FREE* – Donations to the Center to continue programming are always appreciated. Thank you.
Hillside Community Center 925 S. Institute – 385-7900
Games at Hillside – Tuesday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Billiards cost is $1.
Table Tennis – Wednesdays, 12:45 to 2:30 p.m. Free to play, donations welcome
Seniors on Saturday – Third Saturday, 1:30-4:30 p.m. Iota Beta Omega Chapter Alpha Sorority, Inc. Come enjoy activities, refreshments, games, music and prizes.
Seniors Enjoying Exercise – Wednesdays, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Free. Seniors enjoy exercise and strength conditioning.
Meadows Park Community Center 1943 S. El Paso – 385-7940
Exercise Class – Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Taught by a certified instructor, this 45-minute session will make you feel better inside and out.
Tri-Lakes Senior Center 1300 Higby Road, Monument
1300 Higby Road, Monument, CO 80132 (on the campus of Lewis-Palmer High School) Open Monday through Friday, 1-4 p.m., and other days and times to accommodate scheduled events.
Monday Movie Matinee – Mondays, 1-4 p.m. Recent and classic movies with free refreshments and snacks.
Pinochle – Tuesdays, noon-4 p.m.; Thursdays 1-4 p.m.
Line Dancing – Tuesdays, 1:15-2:15 p.m.
Ladies Tea – Third Tuesday of the Month 1-3 p.m. Open to everyone. Each month is a different theme. Please bring a salad, side or dessert to share.
Bingo – Third Wednesday, 1-3 p.m. Prizes galore!
Bridge – Second Thursday, 1 to 4 p.m.
Mah Jong – Fridays, 1-4 p.m. Join us for national Mah Jong.
Foot Care Clinic – Second Wednesday and last Friday, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Service by the Visiting Nurse Association. Thirty-minute appointment for $30. Call 719-577-4448 for an appointment (please no walk-ins). Services include callous and corn buffing; toenail clipping, trimming and filing; circulation check; monofilament test; skin condition check; pulse check in both feet; and foot care education.
Silver Key Connections Cafe: Senior Lunch – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 12-12:30 p.m. Meal served at The Mountain Community Mennonite Church, 643 Highway 105, Palmer Lake. Suggested donation is $2.25 each meal.
Tri-Lakes Health Advocacy Partnership Seniors Lunch – Wednesday, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Meal served at 146 Jefferson Street, Monument (basement of the School District 38 Administrative Building). $3 donation suggested.
Westside Community Center 1628 W. Bijou St. – 385-7920
Crafts Unlimited – Fridays, 9-11:30a.m. No registration fee. Bring materials for the project you are working on, enjoy a beverage, good conversation, and share creative ideas with other crafters.
Silver Key Connections Café – Due to COVID – Curbside Pickup for 5 frozen meals on Tuesday, 10-11a.m. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance by calling Silver Key 884-2340
SilverSneakers Classic – Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 9-10 a.m. and Fridays, 10-11a.m. This fitness class is designed for seniors who want to improve their general health and well-being and … it’s fun! For more information, please call 385-7920 ext. 100. $5 per class if your insurance does not cover it.
Active Adults Fitness Class – Wednesday 10:15 – 11:15 a.m. Low impact cardio & stretching $1 participation fee Reservations not required.
Brain and Balance Class – Thursdays 1-2 p.m. Reduce your risk of falling! Challenge your brain and body to improve motor skills, agility, coordination, posture and balance. Class is especially beneficial for those aging and those who have had a stroke or head injury. $1.00 participation fee. Reservations not required.
Pickleball, Table Tennis, Line Dance, and various other programs are offered, www.ourwestside.org for more information.
COVID-19 Impacts The following public health modifications are in place at Westside Community Center:
- Limited group size
- Hand washing upon arrival and protocols throughout the day
- Masks required to enter and when in public spaces, but not required during exercise if health reasons
- Physical distancing will be encouraged and practiced where possible
- Daily sanitizing
VNA Foot Care Clinic – Due to Pending Construction, VNA Foot Care Clinic, is not available. Contact Andrea Wells 618-616-8701 or Wellsa@vnacolorado.org.
Woodland Park Senior Center 321 N. Pine Street, Woodland Park – 719-687-3877
Home of the Woodland Park Senior Organization. Please stop by or visit our website:
Weekly Activities: Quilting, Knitting, Bridge, Fitness Classes, Arthritis Class, Bingo, Tai Chi, Card Making, Arts and Crafts, Billards, Shuffle Board, Free blood pressure checks. Check our website Activities Calendar for days and times of activities.
Special Meals: Potluck, bring your favorite dish – 2nd Tuesday. Catered Lunch, reservations required – 4th Tuesday, $7.50. Pancake Breakfast – All you can eat, $8, Monthly on Saturdays, 8 to 11, check website for days.
Social Time: Greet old friends, meet new friends, Free coffee and snacks, Monday to Friday, 9 to1.