Colorado Springs Senior Center 1514 N. Hancock – 719-955-3400
Please stop by or go online to find the full listing of classes, trips and special events at www.csseniorcenter.com. All classes require registration.
Fountain Valley Senior Center 5745 Southmoor Drive – 719-520-6470
Rural Area Meal Program, or RAMP, is for individuals age 60 and over who live in El Paso County. This program is for older adults who are not able to get to the nearest congregate meal site. Please leave a message at 719-520-6471 with your name and phone number.
Transportation – (by appointment only). For seniors 60+ who live in the Fountain Valley area. Call 520-6472 at least 48 hours in advance to make arrangements.
GOOD TIME DAY TRAVELERS-UPCOMING TRIPS:
• Saturday, June 29: Rio Grande Scenic Railroad concert series. Ticket includes ride, (Michael Martin Murphey) and brunch on the way to the concert. Ticket is $115 for first class and bus fee is $35. Bus leaves senior center at 6:30 a.m. Registration has ended.
• Sunday, July 14th. Rockies vs. Cincinnati Reds. Tickets $12 each. Bus fee is $18. Bus leaves St. Dominic’s at 10:30 a.m. *Registration ends June 21.
The Fountain Valley Senior Center has bingo four times a month:
• Thursday, June 6 at 1 p.m.
• Monday, June 10 at 1 p.m.
• Monday, June 17 at 1 p.m.
• Thursday, June 27 at 1 p.m.
Weekly activities at the Fountain Valley Senior Center:
• Interpretive Dance: Monday at 10:30 a.m.-Free
• Yoga: Monday at 3 p.m. and Friday at 9 a.m.-Free
• Blood Pressure Checks every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 10:45 a.m.-Free
• Porcelain Class: Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.
• Line Dancing: Tuesday at 1 p.m.-Cost $2
• Oil Painting: Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.-Cost $25 for a 4-week course
• Quilt Class: Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.-Free
• T’ai Chi: Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.-Cost $2
• Fitness Walking: Thursday at 10:30 a.m.-Free
• Woodcarving: Thursday at 8 a.m.-Cost $2
• Rubber Stamp: Thursday at 10 a.m.-Cost $2
• Wii Games: Friday at 10 a.m.-Free
• Chi Kung: Friday at 10 a.m.-Cost $1
• Computer Class: Friday at 10 a.m.-Free
• Pinochle Club meets every Tuesday at 1 p.m. and Canasta Class meets on Fridays at 12:30 p.m.
• Our Father’s Day Car show will be on Friday, June 14 at 10 a.m. Barb Bragdon will be providing musical entertainment at 11 a.m. with Karaoke to follow at 12:30pm. Come down and bring your friends for some of our favorite events.
June events at the FVSC:
• Pinochle Tournament on Monday, June 3 at 12:30 p.m.
• Biscuits and Gravy on Wednesday, June 12 at 8 a.m. (cost is $3)
• Movie Day on Thursday, June 20 at 1 p.m.
• Ice Cream Social and Dance on Friday, June 21 at 12:30 p.m. ($1 for a sundae)
• Game Day on Saturday, June 22 from 11 a.m.-5 p.m. (this event is a potluck &$3)
• Birthday Social and Bingo on Thursday, June 27 at 11 a.m. with bingo at 1 p.m.
Hillside Community Center 925 S. Institute – 385-7900
Games at Hillside – Tuesday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Billiards cost is $1.
Table Tennis – Wednesdays, 12:45 to 2:30 p.m. Free to play, donations welcome
Seniors on Saturday – Third Saturday, 1:30-4:30 p.m. Iota Beta Omega Chapter Alpha Sorority, Inc. Come enjoy activities, refreshments, games, music and prizes.
Seniors Enjoying Exercise – Wednesdays, 9:30-10:30 a.m. Free. Seniors enjoy exercise and strength conditioning.
Meadows Park Community Center 1943 S. El Paso – 385-7940
Exercise Class – Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 10:45 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Taught by a certified instructor, this 45-minute session will make you feel better inside and out.
Tri-Lakes Senior Center 1300 Higby Road, Monument
1300 Higby Road, Monument, CO 80132 (on the campus of Lewis-Palmer High School) Open Monday through Friday, 1-4 p.m., and other days and times to accommodate scheduled events.
Monday Movie Matinee – Mondays, 1-4 p.m. Recent and classic movies with free refreshments and snacks.
Pinochle – Tuesdays, noon-4 p.m.; Thursdays 1-4 p.m.
Line Dancing – Tuesdays, 1:15-2:15 p.m.
Ladies Tea – Third Tuesday of the Month 1-3 p.m. Open to everyone. Each month is a different theme. Please bring a salad, side or dessert to share.
Bingo – Third Wednesday, 1-3 p.m. Prizes galore!
Bridge – Second Thursday, 1 to 4 p.m.
Mah Jong – Fridays, 1-4 p.m. Join us for national Mah Jong.
Foot Care Clinic – Second Wednesday and last Friday, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Service by the Visiting Nurse Association. Thirty-minute appointment for $30. Call 719-577-4448 for an appointment (please no walk-ins). Services include callous and corn buffing; toenail clipping, trimming and filing; circulation check; monofilament test; skin condition check; pulse check in both feet; and foot care education.
Silver Key Connections Cafe: Senior Lunch – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 12-12:30 p.m. Meal served at The Mountain Community Mennonite Church, 643 Highway 105, Palmer Lake. Suggested donation is $2.25 each meal.
Tri-Lakes Health Advocacy Partnership Seniors Lunch – Wednesday, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. Meal served at 146 Jefferson Street, Monument (basement of the School District 38 Administrative Building). $3 donation suggested.
Westside Community Center 1628 W. Bijou St. – 385-7920
Crafts Unlimited – Fridays, 9-11 a.m. No registration fee. Bring materials for the project you are working on, enjoy a beverage, good conversation, and share creative ideas with other crafters.
Golden Circle Nutrition Program – Mondays-Fridays, 11:30 a.m.-noon. Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance by calling 387-6758 or 385-7920. The suggested donation is $2.25.
Lively Discussion Book Club – 2nd Thursdays, 12:30-2 p.m.
SilverSneakers Classic – Wednesdays and Fridays, 9-10 a.m. This fitness class is designed for seniors who want to improve their general health and well-being and … it’s fun! For more information, please call 385-7920 ext. 100. $5 per class if your insurance does not cover it.
VNA Foot Care Clinic – third Wednesday and last Tuesday of each month by appointment only. The Visiting Nurse Association performs foot care services including: toenail clipping/trimming/filing, callous and corn buffing, foot care education, blood pressure checks, follow-up with physician as needed. Services are offered in the east building at 1616 W. Bijou St. Appointments are required and can be made by calling 385-7920 ext. 100. Cost is $45 for first visit, $35 thereafter. Payments can be made at time of appointment.of service.
Woodland Park Senior Center 321 N. Pine Street, Woodland Park – 719-687-3877
Home of the Woodland Park Senior Organization. Please stop by or visit our website:
Weekly Activities: Quilting, Knitting, Bridge, Fitness Classes, Arthritis Class, Bingo, Tai Chi, Card Making, Arts and Crafts, Billards, Shuffle Board, Free blood pressure checks. Check our website Activities Calendar for days and times of activities.
Special Meals: Potluck, bring your favorite dish – 2nd Tuesday. Catered Lunch, reservations required – 4th Tuesday, $7.50. Pancake Breakfast – All you can eat, $8, Monthly on Saturdays, 8 to 11, check website for days.
Social Time: Greet old friends, meet new friends, Free coffee and snacks, Monday to Friday, 9 to1.