Library Senior Events
For Life After 50
On Wednesday, July 1, the Pikes Peak Library District will resume indoor services at almost all facilities and mobile libraries. Hours will vary by location and the first hour will be reserved for people at higher risk of serious complications from COVID-19.
When you visit you’ll be able to browse the collection, use self-checkout machines and service desks, make one 55-minute reservation for computers per day (call 719-389-8968 to reserve), use fax or copiers, and charge devices.
Here’s what you can expect when you return to use the Library:
- * Cloth face coverings or masks will be required by all patrons and staff. If you do not have one, PPLD can provide you with a mask.
- * New capacity limits will be enforced. When capacity is reached, patrons will need to wait outside until others are ready to leave.
- * Staff will regularly sanitize frequently touched items like handles, counters, and copiers. Computers will be cleaned between each use.
- * If you touch a book but decide you don’t want it, please put it on designated cards instead of re-shelving it.
- * All fax machines, copiers, and computers will be self-service only – staff can only help at service desks behind a protective shield.
- * Some computers won’t be available due to the 6 ft apart rules.
- * Areas and items such as furniture, water fountains, children’s areas, meeting and study rooms will be temporarily unavailable.
PPLD asks that you keep your visits as brief as possible in order to minimize risk for everyone inside our libraries.