PPLD Senior Events
Weather Preparedness: National Weather Service
Greg Heavener, meteorologist from the National Weather Service – Pueblo office, will give a presentation on weather, weather preparedness and safety, and the mission of the National Weather Service. Registration required.
- Monday, Dec. 2, 6 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Hampton Sides Author Presentation
Join us for an evening with Hampton Sides, former APPR author. Hampton Sides is best known for his gripping non-fiction adventure stories set in war or depicting epic expeditions of discovery and exploration. His lastest book, On Desperate Ground, tells the story of one of the most harrowing clashes in American history, the Battle of Chosin Reservoir. No registration required.
- Monday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m. Penrose Library, 20 N. Cascade Ave.
Forte Handbell Quartet
Ring in the season with Forté Handbell Quartet! Join us for an afternoon of Christmas favorites! Everyone welcome.
- Saturday, Dec. 7, 2:30 p.m. Library 21C, 1175 Chapel Hills Dr.
Western Author and Journalist Johnny D. Boggs
Pikes Peak Library District’s Mountain of Authors presents eight time Spur Award-winning author and journalist Johnny D. Boggs. Come hear about his experiences as a writer and journalist. No registration required.
- Saturday, Dec. 7, 11 a.m. East Library, 5550 N. Union
Social Security 101 Live Webinar
Come watch the Social Security 101 Webinar with us. This live webinar is presented by the PPACG Area Agency on Aging and the Social Security Administration. Come get unbiased information from the Social Security Administration to help you or a loved one successfully navigate the transition to Social Security and retirement. Registration required at ppld.org.
- Thursday, Dec. 12, 4 p.m. East Library, 5550 N. Union
Bring your own needlework project, share ideas, and learn new skills.
- Fridays, Dec. 6 and 20, 1 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Knit One & Crochet Too
Bring a project to work on, share ideas, and socialize with fellow knitters and crocheters. No registration required. Everyone is welcome!
- Wednesday, Dec. 4, 1:30 p.m. East Library, 5550 N. Union
Art Buddies with Deb Ross
Join us for art demonstrations and activities or bring your own project to work on and share in a group setting. Local artist and instructor Deb Ross will be on hand to explain and inspire. Basic drawing and painting materials will be available for your projects.
- Thursday, Dec. 5, 1 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Hooked on Crochet!
Come crochet with a small group and help each other with your crochet projects. Or just socialize while you hook. No registration required. Everyone is welcome.
- Thursdays, Dec. 5 and 19, 10 a.m. Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
Calling all knitters, crocheters, quilt pieceworkers and all other needle art workers to come stitch in community. Everyone is welcome!
- Mondays, Nov. 9 and 23, 6:30 p.m. Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Ruth Holley Crafter’s Group
Join this group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and work on a project.
- Mondays, Dec. 9 and 23, 1:30 p.m. Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd.
Join this lively group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and, of course, work on a project! Everyone is welcome.
- Fridays, Dec. 13 and 27, 10 a.m. Library 21C, 1175 Chapel Hills Dr.