PPLD Senior Events
Basic Estate Planning
Come learn about basic estate planning from attorneys at Colorado Legal Services. This class is followed by the Basic Probate Class. Registration required.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2, 3-4 p.m. Monument Library, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Dr.
Come learn the basics about probate from attorneys at Colorado Legal Services. This class follows the Basic Estate Planning Class. Registration required for both classes.
- Wednesday, Oct. 2, 4-5 p.m. Monument Library, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Dr.
Social Security 101 Live Webinar
Come watch the Social Security 101 Webinar with us. This live webinar is presented by the PPACG Area Agency on Aging and the Social Security Administration. Come get unbiased information from the Social Security Administration to help you or a loved one successfully navigate the transition to Social Security and retirement. Registration required at ppld.org.
This webinar can also be viewed from any internet-connected device by registering at http://www.ppacg.org/events or attended in person at PPACG Area Agency on Aging office at 14 South Chestnut Ave. (call 719-471-2096 to RSVP).
- Thursday, Oct. 10, 4 p.m.
East Library, 5550 N. Union
Monument Library, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Dr.
APPR Author Visit: Colum McCann
Join us for a presentation by Colum McCann, author of the All Pikes Peak Read selection Transatlantic. A tale spanning 150 years and two continents re-imagines the peace efforts of democracy champion Frederick Douglass, Senator George Mitchell and World War I airmen John Alcock and Teddy Brown through the experiences of four generations of women from a matriarchal clan. Colum is the author of six novels and three collections of stories. Everyone is welcome.
- Monday, Oct. 7, 7 p.m. Library 21C, 1175 Chapel Hills Dr.
A Taste of PILLAR II: Journaling
Barbara Potter will guide you in journaling – writing your thoughts, ideas, or goals. Some people use journaling to focus; others to destress; some for self-discovery. Learn some new techniques and explore a bit in this class! Registration required.
- Monday, Oct. 28, 1 p.m. Fountain Library, 230 S. Main St.
Knit One & Crochet Too
Bring a project to work on, share ideas, and socialize with fellow knitters and crocheters. No registration required. Everyone is welcome!
- Wednesdays, Oct. 2 and 16, 1:30 p.m. East Library, 5550 N. Union
Art Buddies with Deb Ross
Join us for art demonstrations and activities or bring your own project to work on and share in a group setting. Local artist and instructor Deb Ross will be on hand to explain and inspire. Basic drawing and painting materials will be available for your projects.
- Thursday, Oct. 3, 1 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Drive
- Thursday, Oct. 31, 1 p.m. Library 21C, 1175 Chapel Hills Drive
Bring your own needlework project, share ideas, and learn new skills. Refreshments provided.
- Fridays, Oct. 4 and 18, 1 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Drive
Creative programming designed for seniors, but all adults are welcome to join us. Each session is a different craft. All Materials Provided. Registration required.
- Tuesdays, Oct. 8 and 22, 10 a.m. Sand Creek Library, 1821 S. Academy Blvd.
Calling all knitters, crocheters, quilt pieceworkers and all other needle art workers to come stitch in community. Everyone is welcome!
- Mondays, Oct. 14 and 28, 6:30 p.m. Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Ruth Holley Crafter’s Group
Join this group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and work on a project.
- Mondays, Oct. 14 and 28, 1:30 p.m. Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd