PPLD Senior Events
Retirement: Managing Your Money
Come learn about the changing landscape of retirement while reviewing concepts and theories associated with managing money during a happy and relaxing retirement. Whether you’re planning for retirement or are already enjoying your post career life, this workshop will give you unbiased information about how to manage your finances. Registration required.
• Monday, April 1, 6-8 p.m. Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
• Thursday, April 4, 2-4 p.m. High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road in Falcon
Retirement: Managing Savings and Investments
Come learn the basics of determining how best to manage your savings and investment assets when you no longer have new income sources during retirement. Whether you’re planning for retirement or are already enjoying your post career life, this workshop will give you unbiased information about how to manage your finances. Registration required.
• Monday, April 8, 1-2:30 p.m. Monument Library, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Dr. in Monument
Are you thinking about retiring in the next few years? Are you unsure about how health insurance and Medicare will affect you once you turn 65? Join us to learn about Medicare and your health insurance options. PPACG Area Agency on Aging staff will cover the basics of Medicare A, B, D and all other insurance options. Registration required.
• April 12, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Ute Pass Library, 8010 Severy Road in Cascade
Top Ten Estate Planning Mistakes
Rabea Taylor from Lewis, Kuhn, and Swan PC will be speaking on the top ten estate planning mistakes. Topics to be covered are 1) The Most Common Pitfalls in Estate Planning, 2) Right and Wrong Ways to Leave an Inheritance, 3) When the Court Gets Involved, 4) How to Pay for Long-Term Care, and 5) The Best Way to Ensure your Values and Legacy are Passed On. Please note that this is not a will drafting clinic, but rather an opportunity to learn about the various parts of an estate plan and what mistakes to avoid. Registration required.
• Wednesday April 3, 6-7:30 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
• Thursday, April 25, 6-7:30 p.m. Fountain Library, 230 S. Main St. in Fountain
Basic Estate Planning
Come learn about basic estate planning from attorneys at Colorado Legal Services. This class is followed by the Basic Probate Class. Registration required.
• Monday, April 29, 3-4 p.m. Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
Come learn the basics about probate from attorneys at Colorado Legal Services. This class follows the Basic Estate Planning Class. Registration required for both classes.
• Monday, April 29, 4-5 p.m. Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eight St.
Knit One & Crochet Too
Bring a project to work on, share ideas, and socialize with fellow knitters and crocheters. No registration required. Everyone is welcome!
• Wednesdays, April 3 and 17, 1:30 p.m. East Library, 5550 N. Union
Hooked on Crochet!
Come crochet with a small group and help each other with your crochet projects. Or just socialize while you hook. No registration required. Everyone is welcome.
• Thursdays, April 4 and 18, 10 a.m. Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
Bring your own needlework project, share ideas, and learn new skills. Refreshments provided.
• Fridays, April 5 and 19, 1-3 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Ruth Holley Crafter’s Group
Join this group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and work on a project.
• Mondays, April 8 and 22, 1:30 p.m. Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd.
Calling all knitters, crocheters, quilt pieceworkers and all other needle art workers to come stitch in community. Everyone is welcome!
• Mondays, April 8 and 22, 6:30 p.m. Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.