PPLD Senior Events
Are you thinking about retiring in the next few years? Are you unsure about how health insurance and Medicare will affect you once you turn 65? Join us to learn about Medicare and your health insurance options. PPACG Area Agency on Aging staff will cover the basics of Medicare A, B, D and all other insurance options. Registration required.
• Tuesday, June 18, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd.
Walking Tour of Historic Old Colorado City
Join library staff for a free 45-minute walking tour of historic Old Colorado City. No registration necessary, but groups should call ahead. Please come prepared for weather–sunny or cool accordingly. In case of rain, a slideshow will be presented in the library meeting room. Everyone is welcome.
• Friday, June 14, 11 a.m. – noon Ute Pass Library, 8010 Severy Road, Cascade
• Saturday, June 15, 11 a.m. – noon Manitou Springs Library hosting at the Manitou Springs Heritage Center, 517 Manitou Ave.
A Taste of PILLAR II: Arlington and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier
Tom Tudor presents a moving and informative narrative on our nation’s most hallowed ground: Arlington National Cemetery. Mr. Tudor is an authority on the history of Arlington, having served as a sentinel and relief commander. A Taste of PILLAR II is a free monthly series of classes offered by PILLAR Institute for Lifelong Learning and PPLD at various library locations. Registration Required.
• Monday, June 24, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Monument Library, 1706 Lake Woodmoor Dr., Monument
Knit One & Crochet Too
Bring a project to work on, share ideas, and socialize with fellow knitters and crocheters. No registration required. Everyone is welcome!
• Wednesday, June 19, 1:30 p.m. East Library, 5550 N. Union
Hooked on Crochet!
Come crochet with a small group and help each other with your crochet projects. Or just socialize while you hook. No registration required. Everyone is welcome.
• Thursday, June 20, 10 a.m. Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
Rockrimmon Art Buddies with Deb Ross
Join us for art demonstrations and activities or bring your own project to work on and share in a group setting. Local artist and instructor Deb Ross will be on hand to explain and inspire. Basic drawing and painting materials will be available for your projects.
• Thursday, June 27, 1 p.m. Library 21C, 1175 Chapel Hills Dr.
Bring your own needlework project, share ideas, and learn new skills. Refreshments provided.
• Friday, June 21, 1-3 p.m. Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Calling all knitters, crocheters, quilt pieceworkers and all other needle art workers to come stitch in community. Everyone is welcome!
• Monday, June 24, 6:30 p.m. Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.
Ruth Holley Crafter’s Group
Join this group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and work on a project.
• Monday, June 24, 1:30 p.m. Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd.