PPLD Senior Events
A Bit of Sea Between: A Celebration of Celtic Culture
Take a trip via Ireland, Scotland and immigration through music, storytelling, history and cultural experience. This husband and wife duo have toured, taught and performed together since 1989. Using timeless oral traditions, the history, landscape, and culture will come alive as Kim and Ken weave the ancient and the contemporary into a memorable adventure.
• Monday, March 4, 2 p.m. – High Prairie Library, 7035 Old Meridian Road, Falcon
• Tuesday, March 12, 1 p.m. – Manitou Springs Library hosting at the Community Congregational Church, 103 Pawnee Ave.
• Tuesday, March 12, 6:30 p.m. – Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
Are you thinking about retiring in the next few years? Are you unsure about how health insurance and Medicare will affect you once you turn 65? Join us to learn about Medicare and your health insurance options. PPACG Area Agency on Aging staff will cover the basics of Medicare A, B, D and all other insurance options. Registration required.
• Wednesday, March 27, 5:30 -7:30 p.m. – Fountain Library, 230 S. Main St.
Taste of PILLAR II: The Importance of Nothing – Why Zero is So Valuable
Come learn how special zero is. Let’s take a look at zero, null, nada, oh, naught, nil, zip – and learn a little and laugh a little! Have I spiked your interest yet? Mathematics as you never knew it could be! This presentation is provided by PILLAR instructor Daryl Kuiper who has a background in mathematics and has been a teacher, business owner, and a school administrator. A Taste of PILLAR II is a monthly series of lectures offered by PILLAR Institute for Lifelong Learning at various PPLD libraries.
• Friday, March 29, 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. – Ruth Holley Library, 685 N. Murray Blvd.
Folktales Around the World
Join Linda Batlin for a potpourri of multicultural folktales from around the world, some classic tales, some whimsical stories but all certain to educate and entertain. This program is a part of our Winter Adult Reading Program. All ages welcome! No registration required.
• Saturday, March 16, 10:30 a.m. – Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
• Saturday, March 16, 1:30 p.m. – Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd.
Bring your own needlework project, share ideas, and learn new skills. Refreshments provided.
• Fridays, March 1 and 15, 1-3 p.m. – Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Knit One & Crochet Too
Bring a project to work on, share ideas, and socialize with fellow knitters and crocheters. No registration required. Everyone is welcome!
• Wednesdays, March 6 and 20, 1:30 p.m. – East Library, 5550 N. Union
Rockrimmon Art Buddies with Deb Ross
Join us for art demonstrations and activities or bring your own project to work on and share in a group setting. Local artist and instructor Deb Ross will be on hand to explain and inspire. Basic drawing and painting materials will be available for your projects.
• Thursday, March 7, 1 p.m. – Rockrimmon Library, 832 Village Center Dr.
Hooked on Crochet!
Come crochet with a small group and help each other with your crochet projects. Or just socialize while you hook. No registration required. Everyone is welcome.
• Thursdays, March 7 and 21, 10 a.m. – Cheyenne Mountain Library, 1785 S. Eighth St.
Join this lively group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and, of course, work on a project! Everyone is welcome!
• Fridays, March 8 and 22, 10 a.m. – Library 21C, 1175 Chapel Hills Dr.
Ruth Holley Crafter’s Group
Join this group of hand crafters to share ideas, socialize, and work on a project.
• Mondays, March 11 and 25, 1:30 p.m. – Ruth Holley Library, 685 North Murray Blvd.
Calling all knitters, crocheters, quilt pieceworkers and all other needle art workers to come stitch in community. Everyone is welcome!
• Mondays, March 11 and 25, 6:30 p.m. – Old Colorado City Library, 2418 W. Pikes Peak Ave.